[rtmpdump] rtmpdump not working with dailymotion

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Wed Jan 25 16:45:07 CET 2012

Le duodi 2 pluviôse, an CCXX, chapun67 at gmail.com a écrit :
> try use option (-v)

Thanks, that did the trick.

After some more experimenting, I noticed the following information:

The -f (flash version string), -W (URL of flash player) and -p (referrer
URL) options are not necessary here.

The required options are:
rtmpdump -v -r $rurl -y $ppath -o $out

The core of the problem lies in that rtmpdump incorrectly splits the URL
into the app and playpath; here, by "incorrectly", I only mean with regard
to what dailymotion expects.

More precisely, the URL is split that way by RTMP_ParseURL (I shortened it):

rtmpe://v.dm.cm/video/mp4:43/701/3954:mp4_h2_c_hq.mp4?auth=1351-08cd2a
                ------------                                           app
                      ----   ----------------------------------------- ppath

while dailymotion expects it to be split

rtmpe://v.dm.cm/video/mp4:43/701/3954:mp4_h2_c_hq.mp4?auth=1351-08cd2a
                -----                                                  app

I do not really know what app and playpath are, so for now I am stuck
investigating the problem, and can not propose a patch.

But for now, I have the means to make a working script.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George