[rtmpdump] Suggestion - possibility to disable resume

Mattias Ranbro mattias_ranbro at ranbro.se
Thu Feb 9 09:47:26 CET 2012

I posted this to the forum at stream-recorder but I thought I would post it
here as well.

I have problems with my internet connection at home. Downloads and streaming
media freezes.

In rtmpdump i get this error:

122967.634 kB / 719.76 sec (20.8%)

ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 99335

INFO: Connection timed out, trying to resume.

ERROR: WriteN, RTMP send error 10054 (30 bytes)

ERROR: WriteN, RTMP send error 10054 (42 bytes)

ERROR: Failed to resume the stream

Download may be incomplete (downloaded about 20.80%), try resuming

The resume always fails and then rtmpdump exits. After that I can restart
rtmpdump using the -e option for resuming, and resuming the download always
works.

Now, I think I would be nice to have an option to able to option out the
resuming that takes place right after the connection time out. It would be
nicer if the program just exited immediately. The resume attempt only takes
time.

Regards,

Mattias

When I have an network error, and that happens quite often, I get an error
like:

"INFO: Connection timed out, trying to resume."

And the resume never works. After the failed resume attempt I can restart
rtmpdump using the -e option. That always works perfectly and the download
continues.

Now for me it would be nicer if that resume attempt isn't made. I would
rather have rtmpdmp exit immediately. Maybe an option could be used to
specify that no resume attempts should be made?

So fellow board users, what are you're experiences with the "trying to
resume"? What do you think?

Regards,

Mattias