[rtmpdump] RTMPDump parsing problem

Vladimir Pelikan pelikan at cdm.cas.cz
Mon Apr 23 15:16:47 CEST 2012

Hello, I have a problem with the parameter messaging from the RTMPDump.

In this call the parameter missing:

>rtmpdump -z -r rtmp://server/application/parameter=string -y Path

RTMPDump 2.4 git-6230845 2011-9-25
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
DEBUG: Parsing...
DEBUG: Parsed protocol: 0
DEBUG: Parsed host    : server
DEBUG: Parsed app     : application
DEBUG: Protocol : RTMP
DEBUG: Hostname : server
DEBUG: Playpath : Path
DEBUG: tcUrl    : rtmp://server:1935/application
DEBUG: app      : application
Connecting ...

This call is OK but unfortunately unusable:

>rtmpdump -z -r rtmp://server/application\parameter=string -y Path

RTMPDump 2.4 git-6230845 2011-9-25
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
DEBUG: Parsing...
DEBUG: Parsed protocol: 0
DEBUG: Parsed host    : server
DEBUG: Parsed app     : application\parameter=string
DEBUG: Protocol : RTMP
DEBUG: Hostname : server
DEBUG: Playpath : Path
DEBUG: tcUrl    : rtmp://server:1935/application\parameter=string
DEBUG: app      : application\parameter=string
Connecting ...

And this call have a crash:

>rtmpdump -z -r rtmp://server/application -C NS:parameter:string -y Path

RTMPDump 2.4 git-6230845 2011-9-25
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
DEBUG: Parsing...
DEBUG: Parsed protocol: 0
DEBUG: Parsed host    : server
DEBUG: Parsed app     : application
ERROR: Invalid AMF parameter: NS:parameter:string