[rtmpdump] Puzzled !

Michael tiemichael at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 04:54:29 CEST 2011

Hi,
maybe someone out the can help me to understand things a little better!
My problem: I am using RTMPDUMP  via BBC-iPlayer for XTREAMER which uses
get_iplayer V2.80 and RTMPDUMP V2.4  and I face the following problem:
when I try to stream a file (non-live TV) in 100% on the cases the the
film does either not start or stops after app 30sec.
when I use the WEB-PVR interface (using same HW, same SW, same  settings
...) there is no problem
But why?

If I compare the log-files there are some expected and  some unexpected
differences:
expected: RTMPDUMP is using stdout instead of a output-file, which also
excludes the 'resume-option' in streaming mode (why is there no resume
possible?)
unexpected:
  *   both log-files show the same mode is used (e.g. 'Trying
flashvhigh2 mode to record tv'), but the tcURLs in  RTMPDUMP are different

Attached are the two log-files.

What's wrong???
Maybe someone can shed some light on this