[rtmpdump] rtmpgw "single instance" patch

Mikael Nordfeldth mmn at hethane.se
Sun Nov 27 18:16:57 CET 2011

Hello, I git-commited a patch the other day for rtmpgw.c that enables a
"single instance" mode, so it shuts down after running. (git diff attached)

However this might of course require some discussion whether it's
necessary at all or if it should be solved in another fashion.

The reason I patched my source was because I wanted the server to shut
down after serving a single user their rtmp stream, especially as rtmpgw
doesn't seem to handle multiple connections currently(?). My instances
are started by a bash script that simply checks which port is free and
then runs rtmpgw --sport ...

Does anyone else see this as a function they want implemented, should
there be an option to serve n streams or just my "--once"/"-1" option?

Also what someone who has better insight to the code might look at is
how this should be implemented. I doubt this was the optimal solution.

The project I'm using rtmpgw for is http://svtget.se/ which allows users
to play/download media from Swedish public access channel video archive
http://svtplay.se by simply replacing "play" with "get" in the URL.

--
Mikael Nordfeldth
http://blog.mmn-o.se/