[rtmpdump] Location of .swfinfo on Windows

Patron Anejo patronanejo at gmail.com
Sun May 1 10:35:18 CEST 2011

Hello all. I am at my wits' end--[B]I cannot find the file .swfinfo[/B].

Locating [B]%HOMEPATH%[/B] by entering into Explorer address box sends me to
[B]C:\Users\Mainframe\<Username>[/B]

Locating [B]%APPDATA%[/B] by the same method  yields
[B]C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming[/B]; there is no subfolder
[B]C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\rtmpdump[/B]--my rtmpdump is
extracted to[B] C:\Program Files\get_iplayer\rtmpdump-2.2d[/B]

[B]In none of the above-referenced locations[/B] am I able to find the file
.swfinfo

I use rtmpdump [I]every day[/I] as part of get_iplayer. Surely, rtmpdump is
creating (or referencing) an .swfinfo somewhere on my system, no? The
address of the BBC swf player is explicitly defined in the
get_iplayer.plscript (currently it works properly only if manually
overwritten when BBC
updates that address). Despite appearances, I find it unlikely that that
get_iplayer is now [I]designed[/I] to ignore the ability of rtmpdump to
revise that value; I am hoping that if I can find .swfinfo and relocate it
to its proper path, get_iplayer would override the static attribute with
newer data in .swfinfo--data that is dynamically updated (per
[I]swfAge=[/I]).

[B] I need help determining whether this search is even rational[/B]. Should
I keep looking to correct some accident of installation, or does the absence
of .swfinfo in its default location indicate that it has been suppressed by
design?

I thank all of you in advance--[B]any knowledgeable response[/B]--supportive
or otherwise--is welcome.