[rtmpdump] rtmpsrv does not work on certain streams

blackcode at speedpost.net blackcode at speedpost.net
Thu Mar 17 05:27:20 CET 2011

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 21:13 -0700, "Howard Chu" <hyc at highlandsun.com>
wrote:
> blackcode at speedpost.net wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 20:47 -0700, "Howard Chu"<hyc at highlandsun.com>
> > wrote:

> >> There are a number of custom commands in this stream, which rtmpdump
> >> doesn't
> >> support. Therefore, it is impossible for rtmpsrv to generate a working
> >> rtmpdump command line for this server.
>
> > Are these custom commands AMF data? Can I find them with wireshark and
> > specify them with the -C option or is there no way to download the
> > stream? I'm not sure what exactly I need to look for.
>
> Posting private emails to a public mailing list is exceptionally bad
> behavior.
> Consider yourself banned from my inbox.
>
> I said "impossible" - what part of that word do you not understand?
>

> Posting private emails to a public mailing list is exceptionally bad
> behavior.
> Consider yourself banned from my inbox.

You can reply quoting my e-mail and I can't do that the same? I wasn't
aware that furthur communication was supposed to be done in private.
Atleast that's not how it's done on any mailing list archive I've gone
through, so there's no need to be a dick. How am I supposed to know it's
a private e-mail anyway? Maybe you should've used a hurr durr signature.

> I said "impossible" - what part of that word do you not understand?
You said in the previous email that rtmpsuck works, and it does.

  blackcode at speedpost.net

                          wherever you are