[rtmpdump] librtmp and filesize in metadata

Stefan Priebe stefan at prie.be
Mon Jan 3 22:01:42 CET 2011

> Ummh, given it is not compressed or at a constant bitrate and has a
> known length in time, you know the length on file :-P
oh sorry this was an additional to my initial one.

I initially tried to use the filesize from the metadata but it doesn't
match the real filesize after downloading it.

For example:
rtmp://edge01.fms.dutchview.nl/botr/bunny.flv

metadata:
INFO:   filesize              3048268.00

real filesize after download:
3048115

Or file:
rtmp://gffstream.fcod.llnwd.net/a792/e2/tv/rockpalast/live/2010/morcheeba.mp4

Metadata doesn't contain filesize at all ;-(

Stefan