[rtmpdump] all streams stop after app 30sec!

Michael tiemichael at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 14:54:25 CEST 2011

Hi,
I succeeded to run 'get_iplayer' on my AC Ryan mediaplayer
(http://www.acryan.com/web/product/playondvrhd/specifications/)
The problem I encounter:
Every single clip I try to watch (only NON-life) starts ok, and stops
after 20-40 sec.
When I try to invoke the same command via the PC and the web-interface
(e.g. (eg
"http://192.168.1.11:82/BBC-iPlayer/cgi-bin/BBC-iPlayer.cgi?content=flv&type=tv&what=b00zw02v")
the entire 30 min clip is downloaded within 5-10 min to my PC.
When switching on 'debug mode', also the entire clip is played -
although very very slow - so I don't get any additional information.

Attached is a copy of the log file:
It ends with:
 > 6366.585 kB / 34.12 sec (0.9%)
 > 6622.585 kB / 35.56 sec (1.0%)
 > 6878.585 kB / 37.00 sec (1.0%)
 > 7070.585 kB / 38.20 sec (1.0%)
 > INFO: Cleaning up (signal = TERM), killing PID=5890:
 > INFO: 5859 killing cmd PID=5890 with SIGINT
 > Caught signal: 2, cleaning up, just a second...
 > DEBUG: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, recv returned -1. GetSockError(): 4 (Unknown
error 4)
 > DEBUG: Invoking deleteStream
 > ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 72042
 > ERROR: Download: Failed writing, exiting!
 > DEBUG: Closing connection.
 >

 > INFO: 5859 killing cmd PID=5890 with SIGTERM
 > INFO: 5859 killing cmd PID=5890 with SIGKILL

Any idea?

Thank you
Michael