[rtmpdump] question about how frames can go missing from a stream

Perazim perazim at portugalmail.pt
Fri Oct 8 10:41:00 CEST 2010

Running rtmpdump-2.3 on fedora 12 with a 15Mbit ADSL line.

Other end is Adobe fmsVer FMS/3,0,1,123. Stream is a 29 minute program(s).

I am experiencing a lot of dropped frames. If I run this at 4am, it generally
completes with all frames. I can determine this by capturing several times
and comparing file sizes and running md5sum against the files. Two or more
files with same md5sums are the good ones.

My question is: In the stream protocol which runs over tcp/ip (error detection
and correction), is there provision to drop frames at certain times like
network congestion or does the server wait and deliver all frames of the
stream? If so, is there a way to stop this or minimize it?

Thanks,

Perazim