[rtmpdump] corrupt dumped file

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Fri Oct 8 01:46:41 CEST 2010

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 14:11:18 -0700 (PDT), Soroush Hassani wrote:
>Thanks for your reply, here is the full command and its output:
>rtmpdump -r
>"rtmp://swarmcasteulivefs.fplive.net/swarmcasteulive-live/swrmcst_alarabiya"
>--live --flv "c:\output_file.flv"  --stop 60
>here is the created file: http://simplewebcode.com/output_file.flv
>there is not difference if I end the filename with .flv or .mp4

rtmpdump outputs a file which works in mplayer and ffplay for me.
i can also play your url in mplayer and ffplay.

i can also convert your file:
ffmpeg -i http://simplewebcode.com/output_file.flv out.avi
out.avi then plays fine for me.

maybe your ffmpeg tools (super) are too old? try getting newer versions.

versions tested:
FFmpeg version SVN-r25094
FFplay version SVN-r25094
MPlayer SVN-r31372-4.2.5