[rtmpdump] rtmpdump and data loss

Perazim perazim at portugalmail.pt
Sat Oct 2 11:16:47 CEST 2010

Can somebody please explain to me why, when I download the same flv or
mp4 file five times I receive five different file sizes and md5 sums?
The files are downloaded one at a time and nothing else is running on
computer. ADSL 15 Mbps line in middle of night. I looked at traffic and
it is TCP not UDP.

I am experiencing a lot of dropped frames.

In the rtmp protocol, is there a feature that allows the server to drop
frames in the stream? If so, is there a way to stop this or minimize it?

It does seem like there is a problem where rtmpdump is missing or
dropping part of the stream.

Thanks,

Perazim