[rtmpdump] Help getting stream parameters.

Adam Malcontenti-Wilson adman.com at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 17:42:31 CEST 2010

It seems that in your first rtmpsuck, http://pastebin.com/yXPG3fXt,
you were connecting to an 'ondemand' stream. This points out that you
weren't capturing data for the right stream. If you look in the iView
API2, the client fetches
http://tviview.abc.net.au/iview/api2/?series=2932730&BulkLoaderNoCache=2_2_28619
which if you look inside has a different RTMP server. (for me it's
rtmp://cp81899.live.edgefcs.net/live/news24-hi@28773 )

Redirecting cp81899.live.edgefcs.net back to your rtmpsuck should make
the parameters a bit more obvious.

Skipping over all the details, the summary of what the rtmpdump syntax is:

rtmpdump -r "rtmp://cp81899.live.edgefcs.net/" -y "news24-hi at 28773" -a
"live/news24-hi at 28773?auth=daEd1dV...&aifp=v001" -W
"http://www.abc.net.au/iview/images/iview.jpg" -p
"http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/programs/587926" -v -o livestream.flv

Your auth parameters will be different but apart from that as long as
you are using the Akami servers it should be the same.

On 24 July 2010 17:31, Yansky . <thegooddale at gmail.com> wrote:
> The ABC iView site ( http://www.abc.net.au/iview/ ) just added a 24
> hour news streaming video. This is different to it's other videos on
> the site as it never stops streaming (obviously). I'm having some
> problems figuring out how to find the right perameters to download
> some of the stream. Here is a copy of the command line output:
> http://pastebin.com/yXPG3fXt
>
> I also tried to use rtmpsuck, but I'm not sure if I have it working
> properly. Here is the output from rtmpsuck:
> http://pastebin.com/qg4KDbBR
>
> I'm unsure how to proceed. Any ideas?
>
> Cheers,
> Yansky.