[rtmpdump] Compiling RTMPdump on Max OS X

Howard Chu hyc at highlandsun.com
Fri Jul 23 00:29:22 CEST 2010

Nickolaus Padgett wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Nickolaus Padgett
> <nick.padgett at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Nickolaus Padgett
>> <nick.padgett at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> I made the suggested changes to librtmp/Makefile, but I do not
>>> understand what changes I need to make to ./Makefile.  I was able to
>>> successfully compile with just the changes to librtmp/Makefile.
>>> However, when I try to execute rtmpdump, I received the error
>>> "Referenced from: ./rtmpdump Reason:image not found".  I presume this
>>> is because I didn't make the appropriate changes to ./Makefile.  Could
>>> you be more descriptive?  Once I am able to successfully compile,
>>> should I submit a patch of the working changes?

> Attached is a patch that I needed in order to compile on Mac OS X.

This is all fine with me; the XBMC guys were the ones who wanted it built as a
bundle.

The Debian guys were the ones who wanted the programs to use the dynamic
library. IMO they don't know what they're talking about but it was easier to
agree and shut them up than explain to them why they're wrong.

Ultimately I don't care how anyone else builds this stuff. Installation is a
packaging issue and not my concern. I run it out of my build directory; it
never gets installed on any of my boxes.