[rtmpdump] install all progs in bindir?

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at iki.fi
Tue Jul 20 00:08:22 CEST 2010

Howard Chu kirjoitti tiistai, 20. heinäkuuta 2010 00:53:02:
> Anssi Hannula wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > In my opinion none of the rtmp* progs are really root-user-only, yet
> > rtmpsrv/rtmpgw/rtmpsuck are installed in /usr/sbin instead of /usr/bin.
> >
> > Do you disagree with me on this?
>
> Obviously you need root privileges to set up the iptables or /etc/hosts
> redirects to use rtmpsrv/rtmpsuck. Your patch is wrong.

But rtmpsuck does not seem to set that stuff itself, thus you can run it as
non-root user after you've set up the necessary redirects yourself.

For example, all X software is not in /usr/sbin even if you traditionally have
to be root to setup and run X server.

I don't intend to argue further, though, so feel free to leave it as you wish.

--
Anssi Hannula