[rtmpdump] r189 - in trunk: rtmp.c rtmp.h rtmpdump.c rtmpsuck.c streams.c

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Tue Jan 5 14:07:32 CET 2010

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 00:09:49 -0800, Howard Chu wrote:
>hyc wrote:
>> Author: hyc
>> Date: Tue Jan  5 04:46:39 2010
>> New Revision: 189
>>
>> Log:
>> Add optional packet param to RTMP_Connect(); rtmpsuck will just send
>> the original connect packet instead of generating its own.
>
>I found a site that was using 3 separate auth strings following the main
>Connect parameters. The SendConnectPacket() code only knew how to send 1
>boolean flag + 1 auth string. (And we still don't know the meaning of that
>boolean...) So as a quick fix, rtmpsuck now just sends the client's packet
>straight through to the server. (That's always more reliable anyway...)

old idea: use rtmpsrv to dump out all connect params into an
rtmpdump command line for easy copy paste

new idea: use rtmpsrv to dump connect packet sent by
flash client for use with rtmpdump --usepacket bla.pkt

of course, maybe it is completely the wrong idea...

>But, this presents an odd problem for rtmpdump; we need a way to specify
>arbitrary auth parameters on the command line otherwise we're going to be
>stuck with some sites that rtmpsuck works for that can't be accessed using
>rtmpdump.

rtmpsuck with full bandwidth download would be a good option for that.
tho i am not sure how to handle it, probably just ignore/kill flash
client instead of trying to buffer it.

>I'm thinking of defining a new --auth option which takes a prefix defining the
>type, followed by a value, which can be specified multiple times.
>E.g. --auth B:1 --auth S:"some string value" --auth N:1234.567
>
>(B for boolean, S for string, N for number)
>
>All the evidence indicates that we need to be able to specify an arbitrary
>number of auth parameters, of arbitrary type, instead of the two items we
>currently have hardcoded. (And yes, we already have an --auth option right
>now, my point is that we need to change its behavior.)

ugh. now i'm trying to think how other rtmp implementations (ffmpeg)
will handle this. ffmpeg developer had this to say about rtmp:
"if we ignore it, maybe it will just go away".

-compn