[rtmpdump] problem with a video website

Carmelo Ingrao carmelo42 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 08:35:11 CET 2010

On 23 févr. 2010, at 02:59, Howard Chu wrote:

> You don't need to run rtmpdump at all, rtmpsuck will download the video automatically.

Hmm, I really a noob I think ... and as english isn't my primary language, maybe I misundersting something ... So I will cut all parts of the process I'm doing ... (thanks for your patience)

Si on my linux box, my user account is 'carmelo'
the id of this account is 1000.

So, for my box, I have to enter :

iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 1935 -m owner--uid-owner 1000 -j REDIRECT

Do I am right ?

So, here is the copy/paste of this command :

partie 1 à copier

After that, I have to launch ./rtmpsuck.
So I run it.
At launch, it's like this : (i assume it's normal)

partie 2 à copier

Now, I launch my web browser, and go to the video page :

partie 3 copier url page

As soon as the video begins playing in the web browser, the output of rtmpsrv changes. Now I have this :

partie 4

But ... there's no downloading ...

Si I guess I'm doing something bad ..

If you try on your box, is the video downloading on your computer ?

thanks a lot !

Carmelo