[rtmpdump] FW: [FFmpeg-devel] rtmp support and librtmp

Pavel Pavlov pavel at summit-tech.ca
Tue Apr 27 01:30:06 CEST 2010

I don't think that there is a problem with the librtmp itself, my guess is that it's some problem with librtmp.c from ffmpeg or the way that it all works with ffmpeg IO. Basically, I'm getting a error on the first call to av_open_input_file.

If I use rtmpdump I'm getting the same error:
RTMPDump v2.2c
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
WARNING: You haven't specified an output file (-o filename), using stdout
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
WARNING: Received FLV packet before play()! Ignoring.

Unfortunatelly, the wowza server isn't accessible from outside so I can't give you rtmp url, is there anything I should try to see what's wrong? By the way, I'm using intel compiler to build rtmpdump in case if it matters