[rtmpdump] Link OpenSSL statically for Win32

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Apr 19 11:56:16 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-19 at 17:19 +0930, Stef wrote:
> So currently I can distribute my "version" of rtmpdump.exe that is built
> with the statically-built OpenSSL as part of a project I'm involved in?
>
> (I currently build rtmpdump for some other people who use it for their
> projects (they prefer the static build too)).

As Howard pointed out, you're not allowed to distribute it statically
linked with OpenSSL. The licence on rtmpdump.c (but not the rest of
librtmp) is incompatible with the OpenSSL licence.

If you want to legally distribute a static binary, it needs to be the
gnutls build. Like the one at http://david.woodhou.se/rtmpdump.exe

--
dwmw2