[rtmpdump] Parseurl stripping .flv from slist= params

Howard Chu hyc at highlandsun.com
Sat Nov 7 08:24:39 CET 2009

Howard Chu wrote:
> Monsieur Video wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> It seems like the parseurl changes in r21 changed the behavior of slist
>> parsing slightly, previously .flv wasn't stripped from the slist= param,
>> but was from the URL. The attached patch puts it back to how it was.
>>
>> (Anyone have any clue if that matches what Flash actually does? I'm only
>> going on something that worked before breaking against SVN, but maybe it
>> got the URL wrong.)

(And no, no idea. I haven't looked at any unencrypted rtmp streams lately.)

By the way, get-flash-videos seems to do its own download size check and warn
if it thinks it's incomplete, based on size/percentage. This is a bit
redundant, since rtmpdump already checks for completion and returns RD_SUCCESS
or RD_INCOMPLETE (or RD_FAILED). Probably should just test the exit status, if
anything. Right now it's a bit confusing if a download comes in at e.g. 97%
and rtmpdump gets the Play.Complete status, exits printing Download complete;
and then get-flash-videos says "may be incomplete" ...

--
  -- Howard Chu