[rtmpdump] rtmpsrv

Howard Chu hyc at highlandsun.com
Thu Dec 24 23:27:15 CET 2009

Works well now for obtaining the relevant connect / play parameters of rtmp
and rtmpe streams. So we now have enough to invoke rtmpdump successfully for
any stream. Is there anything more we can learn by implementing the complete
proxy functionality?

Just a few more simple steps - when we read the Connect parameters and get the
swfUrl, we then have to retrieve the player at that URL to compute its size
and hash for SWF verification. Then we can initiate an outbound client
connection to the real server and from then on just relay packets back and
forth transparently. (Well, we have to intercept the swfverify ping and
generate our own reply, but that's about it.)
  -- hyc