[rtmpdump] r83 - in trunk: Makefile streams.c streams.cpp

Howard Chu hyc at highlandsun.com
Thu Dec 17 06:10:47 CET 2009

compn wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 03:27:24 +0100 (CET), hyc wrote:
>> Author: hyc
>> Date: Thu Dec 17 03:27:24 2009
>> New Revision: 83
>>
>> Log:
>> Convert streams to C
>
> is there a howto or readme for what streams program does?

Heh, good question. I've never used it.

Basically it is an HTTP server that will retrieve RTMP streams and copy their
data to an HTTP client. From looking at the code I see that you can start it
with the usual rtmpdump options for specifying an rtmp URL, but you can also
request other sources by providing appropriate parameters in the HTTP Get
request. I haven't looked closely enough at the code to see how an HTTP client
should construct its requests yet.

-- hyc