[NUT-devel] rfc drafting

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Fri Nov 16 07:38:00 CET 2007

Rich Felker wrote:
> finally, lu thought this was okay but i'd like to run it by others:
> can i commit changes like these directly to the rfc xml file? the
> intent would not be to impose my wishes on others, but rather to
> accelerate completion of the document. i would certainly welcome
> others to revert or heavily alter anything objectionable and start
> discussions on the list as appropriate, but i feel now that we're to
> the stage of documenting the format we already designed rather than
> designing it, the types of potential objections are very different and
> much less severe and we always have the authoritative nut.txt to go
> back to. if anyone else has differing or better ideas on how to work
> on the rfc i'd be happy to hear them too.

to summarize even more: at least for me it's fine if everybody with
something to say just commit the change to the svn and then everybody
comments on it. this draft should be as volatile as possible right now,
pending some style rules I'll enforce (line size, 2 space indentation,
tag indentation basically).

Once the document is complete I'll push it to ietf and then will start
the revision iteration.

lu

--

Luca Barbato