[NUT-devel] nut+h264 == kaboom

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Fri Feb 23 08:32:25 CET 2007

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 08:28:47AM +0100, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Luca Barbato wrote:
> > Ok, besides jokes, libnut/ffmpeg cannot store h264 is a decent way
> > triggering some strange behaviour (as in not seekable nut)

Could you provide samples? I'm still having troubles downloading x264...
(svn: Can't connect to host 'svn.videolan.org': Connection timed out)

> The ffmpeg demuxer is broken.  MPlayer's "nut" demuxer seems to work.
>
> > to reproduce simply transcode a file in h264 in nut and see the results
>
> H.264 in nut seems to work just fine as long as I avoid using ffmpeg
> code for either muxing or demuxing.

I'd like to know how you created such a file, seeing as the only other NUT
muxer besides ffmpeg is nutmerge, and it does not (should not - if it
does, it's a bug) support H.264 ...

- ods15