[NUT-devel] NUT for world domination, TODO list

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Sun Sep 17 20:38:56 CEST 2006

* nut de/muxer in lavf, mans said he might work on this
* readable, non-terse spec, Rich maybe?
* spec in RFC style?
* nut demuxer for dshow, probably hardest task, any takers? using libnut
  would be best.
* improove nut.hu - personally i really hate its current style, bloated,
  ugly, and even if it had content it would stll suck imo
* demuxers for xine, vlc. Should these be (yet another) implemenation,
  copy paste from libnut, or actually depend (and optionally compile) on
  libnut?
* ??

Some implementation stuff left for me:
* I still have more imrpoovements for libnut mostly related to error
  recovery. Also someone security minded (Rich) should definitely audit my
  crap code..
* add some kind of frame code generator in nutmerge. I have a perl one
  that works on statistics for a remux... Gives generally excellent
  results, 1 byte fram headers for audio and 2-3 for video.

- ods15