[NUT-devel] Call for volunteers to write NUT de/muxer for libavformat

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Oct 30 22:16:56 CET 2006

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 07:46:15PM +0000, Måns Rullgård wrote:
> Oded Shimon <ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org> writes:
>
> > There are still complaints on the readability of the spec.
>
> Valid complaints, I might add.

Indeed.

> > Rich and I have been working on an informative "introduction"
>
> For crying out loud, what does it take to make you realize that the
> spec needs some sane NORMATIVE content?

This is where we'd like to know what you (or someone else) thinks we
need. Please please tho don't make it about codec id! We already have
someone tentatively lined up to do essentially what I proposed in my
last email on the issue.

> > document which IMO gives the starting knowledge necessary to
> > understand the spec. I might be completely wrong on this, but we
> > cannot know until someone who has no previous knowledge on NUT steps
> > in and tells us what trouble he runs into.
>
> I already did, and you refused to listen.

We're working on it. At least one thing in nut.txt was already changed
based on what you found unclear, but we need to know what's unclear.
We can't read your mind and staring at this thing for the past 3 years
has made us somewhat blind to the distinctions of what is and is not
obvious. :)

Rich