[NUT-devel] NUT documentation

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Sat Oct 28 13:57:21 CEST 2006

On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 12:45:11PM +0100, Måns Rullgård wrote:
> Oded Shimon <ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org> writes:

> >> I don't see ANY list.  I don't care if you copy someone else's list,
> >> or invent your own, but whatever you do, it HAS to be in the spec.
> >
> > one of the many proposed lists:
> > http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/nut-devel/2006-June/000433.html
>
> Yes, there were a few PROPOSED lists.  None of them were adopted in
> the actual spec.
>
> > This is mostly grave-digging. I've never cared strongly about the issue.
>
> Therein lies the problem.  You can't set out designing a file format
> ignoring one of the fundamental aspects.  Until this changes, I
> consider the NUT format incomplete and a waste of time.

Would it make you happy if something like this was added to the spec?

possible fourcc's:
"XVID","DIVX","DX50","FMP4"	MPEG-4 Part 2
"H264","h264"			MPEG-4 Part 10
"vrbs"				Xiph.org Vorbis
"\x00\x50"			MP1, MP2
"\x00\x55"			MP3
* note: the list is not a complete list and values can be added in the
  future

Since I don't care about the issue, I don't mind if you add such a thing
to the spec... For you this is fundemental. For me, this is bikeshed.

- ods15