[NUT-devel] NUT samples / NUT muxer?

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Mon Mar 27 09:45:28 CEST 2006

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 08:06:46AM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> writes:
>
> > On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 11:57:48PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I thought it would be a good test of the NUT spec to see if I, not
> >> having followed the design discussions at all, could implement a
> >> demuxer (and later a muxer) only reading the spec.  To test whether I
> >> got it right, I'd need some samples or a way of creating some.  The
> >> muxer in the libnut repo tells me it creates broken files, and the
> >> lavf implementation is badly outdated.  Is there anything that does
> >> create proper NUT files?
> >
> > The muxer in the libnut repo is correct, to the best of our knowledge.

Speaking of which, that's why it would be good if ffnut was synced, so we
can check that libnut is nicely compliant...

> OK, so what's with this:
>
> $ ./nutmerge
> PLEASE NOTE THAT NUTMERGE FOR NOW CREATES _INVALID_ NUT FILES.
> DO NOT USE THESE FILES FOR ANYTHING BUT TESTING LIBNUT.
> bleh, more params you fool...

read README
./nutmerge bla.avi bla.nut

The message is still there because nutmerge gives invalid information to
libnut during muxing, because all existing containers suck...

> > What's incorrect is the _demuxers_ in nutmerge. If you made a version
> > of nutmerge using avformat & avparsers to demux, it should generate
> > valid nut files.
>
> I didn't see an option for doing that, but I guess it can't bee all
> that difficult.

Umm, there is no avformat or avparsers in nutmerge, that's what I'm working
on, that's what I want fixed.

- ods15