[NUT-devel] Codec id - random notes

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Jun 23 20:51:20 CEST 2006

Hi

On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 11:41:59AM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> [avi way or highway]
>
> Not sure, I'd rather have a bitfield as hint in the info packet and just
>  let advanced player and decoders know about it.

this is not feasable and absolutely useless, the muxer has ZERO knowledge
about what encoder workarounds are needed, you cannot fill this struct from
hot air, the muxer would have to decode several frames to be able to just
_guess_ if a bug like incorrect padding at the end of mpeg4 frames happens
this is very codec specific stuff, it doesnt belong to the muxer layer

please forget it! send a path to libnut and you will see its not feasable

[...]