[NUT-devel] Freeze NUT

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 09:00:02 CEST 2006

2006/6/1, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
> Hi
>
> On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 06:37:10PM +0300, Oded Shimon wrote:

> > > could be useful in certain case, how much complex it could become?
> >
> > ... i don't like it
> > I say go back to 4 byte method, and explicitly say to the spec it must be
> > 4 bytes, and even remove the 'length' field...
>
> i am not against a 32bit fixed field ...

I am against.

If we are going to use 32bit fields. If we are going to use this for
compatibility.
Then I say to use the AVI fourcc and don't mind to make our own
incompatible with everything fourcc table.

However I really would NOT like to criple nut in such horribly ugly hackish way.
Especally when everything else in nut is variable size...

P.S.
Please don't try to change things in thread with name "freeze".. its
just the opposite.