[MPlayer-users] [MPlayer-dev-eng] [feature request] subtitles in separate window or console

none suprnerd at suddenlink.net
Tue Mar 1 03:56:21 EET 2022

On 2/28/22 2:27 PM, Nicolas George wrote:
> It would be useful to have feedback from suprnerd, but they seems to
> have lost interest in the discussion.

Sorry about that, I wasn't able to test the patch until now. After
reading the thread I see that I should have mentioned that I'm using
subtitles in a separate .srt file.  After applying the patch and using
the -identify option the subititles are printed to the console, but
there is a small issue.  Each subtitle is printed with extra blank
ID_SUB_TEXT lines.  An edited sample:

ID_SUB_TS=9.042000
ID_SUB_DELAY=0.000000
ID_SUB_TEXT_0=[Redacted_Username] some twitch emote
ID_SUB_TEXT_1=
ID_SUB_TEXT_2=
ID_SUB_TEXT_3=
ID_SUB_TEXT_4=
ID_SUB_TEXT_5=
ID_SUB_TEXT_6=
ID_SUB_TEXT_7=
ID_SUB_TEXT_8=
ID_SUB_TEXT_9=
ID_SUB_TEXT_10=
ID_SUB_TEXT_11=
ID_SUB_TS=10.010000
ID_SUB_DELAY=0.000000
ID_SUB_TEXT_0=[Another_Redacted_Username] different twitch emote
ID_SUB_TEXT_1=
ID_SUB_TEXT_2=
ID_SUB_TEXT_3=
ID_SUB_TEXT_4=
ID_SUB_TEXT_5=
ID_SUB_TEXT_6=
ID_SUB_TEXT_7=
ID_SUB_TEXT_8=
ID_SUB_TEXT_9=
ID_SUB_TEXT_10=
ID_SUB_TEXT_11=

Maybe there is some way to suppress these blank ID_SUB_TEXT lines?

Thank you all for your efforts, your response to my suggestion was very
fast.