[MPlayer-users] [MPlayer-dev-eng] [feature request] subtitles in separate window or console

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Feb 27 13:42:14 EET 2022

> On 27 Feb 2022, at 12:22, Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:
>
> Alexander Strasser (12022-02-27):
>> Having that said, it would be nice if Nicolas or the OP could comment
>> as I don't have a use case as described at hand currently.
>
> I was waiting to have some time to test. The idea seems sound, but I
> suspect escaping will be necessary somehow, at least the newlines.

This prints the subtitles formatted for the OSD.
Which I admit might be a bit questionable to fall under "identify".
It should never contain newlines, probably should not even contain other characters needing escaping (as they would be a problem for the OSD as well), but that might not be well tested.