[MPlayer-users] Unexpected quasi-pause when switching desktops

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Aug 29 20:55:05 EEST 2022

> On 29 Aug 2022, at 16:25, The Wanderer <wanderer at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
>>> I don't think much changed in MPlayer, so if it's a regression I'd
>>> think compositor/window manager/GPU driver to be a more likely
>>> cause than MPlayer to be honest...
>
> Seems likely, yes. Doesn't rule out the possibility of being able to
> find a way to change MPlayer to correct for it,

Ah, right, the solutions question.
I was only looking at the "figure out what goes wrong" question so far.
A really good solution would need really understanding the problem first.
But if it's vsync or lack of GPU resources I would have thought that -framedrop should work.
Have you tried that?
Some people might not want to use it, for example if you are sensitive to frames being dropped incorrectly.
But I would think for most users it's a good option to use anyway.

Best regards,
Reimar