[MPlayer-users] can't play av1 codec video

stan kasp at vfemail.net
Sun Nov 28 22:27:41 EET 2021

On Sun, 28 Nov 2021 12:00:56 +0900
Masaru Nomiya <nomiya at galaxy.dti.ne.jp> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I tried to play av1 codec file, but no video;

[snip]

> I tested with the file which I got from;
>
>   https://youtu.be/feSVtC1BSeQ
>
> But, vlc, ffplay, xine-lib, and kodi can play this flawlessly,
>
> Any idea?

No solution or idea.  But, I can confirm this.  Audio worked after some
initial confusion.  I compiled the latest mplayer version from svn, with
ffmpeg updated as well.

MPlayer SVN-r38326-11 (C) 2000-2021 MPlayer Team

Playing Elvis_Presley_Jailhouse_Rock.mp4.  <------  from youtube

libavformat version 59.9.102 (internal)

libavformat file format detected.

[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x55884b37a8a0]Protocol name not provided,
cannot determine if input is local or a network protocol, buffers and
access patterns cannot be configured optimally without knowing the
protocol
[av1 @ 0x55884b3aba60]Your platform doesn't suppport hardware
accelerated AV1 decoding.

[av1 @ 0x55884b3aba60]Failed to get pixel format.

[av1 @ 0x55884b3aba60]Missing Sequence Header.

[av1 @ 0x55884b3aba60]Missing Sequence Header.

[av1 @ 0x55884b3aba60]Missing Sequence Header.

[av1 @ 0x55884b3aba60]Missing Sequence Header.

[av1 @ 0x55884b3aba60]Missing Sequence Header.

[av1 @ 0x55884b3aba60]video_get_buffer: image parameters invalid

[av1 @ 0x55884b3aba60]get_buffer() failed

[av1 @ 0x55884b3aba60]thread_get_buffer() failed

[av1 @ 0x55884b3aba60]Failed to allocate space for current frame.

[av1 @ 0x55884b3aba60]Get current frame error

[SNIP]

many of these.

Opening video filter: [screenshot]
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Cannot find codec 'libdav1d' in libavcodec...
VDecoder init failed :(
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Cannot find codec 'libaom-av1' in libavcodec...
VDecoder init failed :(
Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x31307661.

ffplay, vlc, and totem all worked on this file.  But each of them
showed a different visual image.

This free account was provided by VFEmail.net - report spam to abuse at vfemail.net

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!