[MPlayer-users] Playing DASH streams / .mpd files

Erik Auerswald auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Fri Mar 19 13:03:27 EET 2021

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 06:32:24PM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> On 2021-03-17 at 16:06, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 03:39:28PM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> [...]
> >> The patch with the above changes, except for letting --enable still
> >> do autodetection of the necessary flags, has been compile-tested
> >> without issues; I haven't tried running the result, and I don't
> >> know any DASH streams to test with.
> >
> > The original email starting all this has an example DASH stream :)
>
> So it does! I hadn't examined the URL closely enough to realize that
> that's what it was. I tested, and apart from brief choppiness every now
> and then (accompanied by an ALSA "resetting soundcard" message in the
> console), it seems to work flawlessly.

The configure patch works for me as well (tested with the link from the
initial email).

I have tested only auto-detection, i.e., no configure flags.

I use -ao pulse and have noticed only little audio choppiness with the
test DASH stream.

Thanks,
Erik
--
The computing scientist’s main challenge is not to get confused by
the complexities of his own making.