[MPlayer-users] Playing DASH streams / .mpd files

Dave Woodfall dave at tty1.uk
Wed Mar 17 10:53:22 EET 2021

On 16/03/21 22:01,
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> put forth the proposition:
> Hi!
> On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 06:23:21AM +0000, Dave Woodfall wrote:
> > How does one play a DASH stream in mplayer?
> >
> > https://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/dash/nonuk/dash_low/aks/bbc_radio_four_extra.mpd
> I've not had time to actually test, but I think it should just work
> if you link against a separately built FFmpeg instead of MPlayer's
> own copy.
> The problem is that with the built-in FFmpeg copy we disable the DASH
> demuxer because it would create a dependency on libxml2.

Thanks for the reply.

That would explain why ffplay works then, and why I couldn't get any
 -lavfdopts or other flags to make mplayer play any streams, although
I have very limited knowledge of ffmpeg flags and what they all do.

Is there a problem with linking to libxml2?  My copy of (a recent svn
 + ffmpeg from git) mplayer seems to link to it:

ldd =mplayer | grep xml
libxml2.so.2 => /usr/lib64/libxml2.so.2 (0x00007f3f32630000)

--
Dave