[MPlayer-users] correct syntax for combining filters

The Wanderer wanderer at fastmail.fm
Thu Apr 15 19:48:23 EEST 2021

On 2021-04-15 at 10:08, Christian wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I´m looking for the right way to combine filters in *mplayer*.
>
> I want to achieve the following:
>
> I´d like to play a .wav-file with the *equalizer*-option set and the
> *higher-speed*-option (plus: *not altering the pitch* when playing
> faster).
>
> Man-pages say:
>
> -af <filter1[=parameter1:parameter2:...],filter2,...>
>                Setup a chain of audio filters.
>
> Seems that´s what I´m looking for.

Notice the comma in the above, before 'filter2'.

> This command however doesn´t work:
>
> mplayer -af scaletempo=scale=1.2:speed=pitch -srate 44100 -af
> lavcresample=44100 -af equalizer=0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:7:7 test.wav
>
> I.e.: the equalizer option does work (audio is much crisper) but it´s
> all played back at normal speed (not with the factor of "1.2").
>
> Could anybody help me with the correct syntax?

I haven't tried this myself, and don't have much experience with using
filters, but I'd suggest you see what you get from:

mplayer -af
scaletempo=scale=1.2:speed=pitch,lavcresample=44100,equalizer=0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:7:7
-srate 44100 test.wav

My guess is that each time you specified the '-af' option, it was
overriding the value you set with the previous time, so that in the end
only the equalizer filter was being applied.

--
   The Wanderer