[MPlayer-users] Screenshot color wrong

Polyphem polyphem at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 12:44:21 EEST 2020

Hi Alexander,

 > When using libswscale via ffmpeg CLI to convert a frame to PNG the
result looks more satisfying.
Good idea to test it manually that way!

Using

ffmpeg -i test.mp4 -vf scale=-1:-1:dst_range=1 -vf fps=1 out%d.png

the colors for test.mp4, but also for other real live videos, look much,
much butter, they look as expected / desired.

It would be great if dst_range can be changed to 1 in options, or if a
variable option for this could be provided for the "scale" filter.

 > Regarding output I'm not sure we can control this for all video outputs.
Selfish as I am, direct3d seems to auto-perform this color-range
expansion, and for me it looks good on screen already. For OpenGL, sadly
I don't have a clue.

Best Regards