[MPlayer-users] Can't compile

The Wanderer wanderer at fastmail.fm
Fri May 22 14:06:44 EEST 2020

On 2020-05-21 at 23:07, Masaru Nomiya wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I tried to compile the svn head, I got the error;
>
> [...]
> In file included from libavcodec/mf_utils.c:25:
> libavcodec/mf_utils.h:22:10: fatal error: windows.h: No such file or directory
>    22 | #include <windows.h>
>       |          ^~~~~~~~~~~
> compilation terminated.

<snip>

This was already discussed here, as recently as earlier that same day.

Basically, FFmpeg added a new feature, which (I infer) only works on
Windows, and MPlayer hasn't been updated to support autodetecting or
ignoring it properly.

Reportedly, the MPlayer configure options

 --disable-encoder=AAC_MF --disable-encoder=AC3_MF \
 --disable-encoder=MP3_MF --disable-encoder=H264_MF \
 --disable-encoder=HEVC_MF

serve to manually ignore the new feature and compile anyway. I have not
yet tried them myself.

--
   The Wanderer