[MPlayer-users] Linux compile fails looking for windows.h

James Blanford jhblanford at gmail.com
Wed May 20 19:51:46 EEST 2020

CC      libavcodec/mf_utils.o
In file included from libavcodec/mf_utils.c:25:
libavcodec/mf_utils.h:22:10: fatal error: windows.h: No such file or
directory #include <windows.h>
          ^~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [ffbuild/common.mak:59: libavcodec/mf_utils.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/mplayer/ffmpeg'
make: *** [Makefile:739: ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a] Error 2

Building mplayer on linux fails at the recently committed
MediaFoundation encoder wrappers. The included ffmpeg sources
autodetect mediafoundation headers. So when I configure and make
directly in the ffmpeg directory, the compile completes. No attempt is
made to compile mf_utils.o. Ffplay builds and works. If I
try ./configure --enable-mediafoundation in the ffmpeg directory, it
fails noting that I don't have the necessary development files. So
ffmpeg's autodetection works.

But when I try to compile mplayer, somehow mediafoundation is
enabled, an attempt is made to compile the encoder wrappers and
promptly fails.

Yes, I can hand edit the makefile (and allcodecs.c and codec_list.c) in
ffmpeg/libavcodec and build an mplayer that works. But I do not have
the skills to debug the configure programs.

Any ideas how to disable MediaFoundation encoders.

Thanks  - Jim

--
If it's not worth saying, post it on Facebook.