[MPlayer-users] setting balance in MPlayer

stan gyvoy at q.com
Mon Jun 8 20:50:18 EEST 2020

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 14:03:16 +0000
Darryl Burchfield <dburchfield at additech.com> wrote:

> I’m working on an embedded C# app in Linux that uses MPlayer to play
> audio and videos.  I need to set MPlayer to play audio out the left
> speaker only or right speaker only or both.  How do I set these from
> a C# app?

The man page indicates that ( and ) shift the balance left and right in
the user interface.  Perhaps you can send them to mplayer from your app
to accomplish what you want?  The trouble would be setting both
channels after you have adjusted to only left or right.  You would have
to know how many adjustments span the range so you could send half
that many to have both channels again.

( and )
Adjust audio balance in favor of left/right channel.