[MPlayer-users] Any plans to move to git or mercurial?

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Fri Jul 10 15:09:37 EEST 2020

Hi Ingo

thanks for the comment!

On 2020-07-09 09:32 +0200, Ingo Brückl wrote:
> Alexander Strasser wrote on Thu, 9 Jul 2020 09:04:53 +0200:
>
> > I could setup a mirror for e.g. Github.
>
> We probably will get error reports and pull requests there then. (I don't
> know whether this can be disabled.)

I'm pretty sure issues can be disabled per repo.

> This could mean extra work.

Yes.

Though for PRs I think they could be useful for some contributions.
Like very contained, simple or smallish changes. And yes that would
would mean more work on the surface, but probably not more work in
total per MPlayer developer, as otherwise the changes wouldn't be
submitted at all and the work would have to be done by one of us
developers.

I would say accepting PRs should be considered. Though as long as
we stay on SVN, the merging will create different commit ids and
github and their UI will not detect they are merged.

  Alexander