[MPlayer-users] make: *** [Makefile:746: mplayer/mencoder] Error 1

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Aug 29 12:06:14 EEST 2020

On 26 August 2020 18:26:41 CEST, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031-at-yahoo.com at ffmpeg.org> wrote:

>I still get:

>di -lz -lvorbisenc -lvorbis -logg -ltheoradec -logg -lpthread -ldl
>-rdynamic -ldvdnav -lpthread -lm
>/usr/bin/ld: ffmpeg/libavformat/fifo.o: in function `fifo_init':
>fifo.c:(.text+0x80): undefined reference to `__atomic_store_8'

Checking other reports it seems that pthread might need -latomic
Is this using 32-bit raspbian? I'd hope this wouldn't happen on a less horribly outdated OS, atomics via function calls is really, really bad for performance.
Note that you can also compile MPlayer against your installed FFmpeg instead of the internal copy.