[MPlayer-users] Windows command line & log

Erik Auerswald auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Tue Apr 28 11:01:31 EEST 2020

Hi Mark,

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 02:14:30AM -0400, Mark Filipak wrote:
> Topics:
> 1 - What is the proper command dumpstream line in Windows?
> 2 - How can I get a log file?

First I'd like to say that I do not know or have Windows.  I'll try to
help anyway, as far as I think I can.

> 1 - What is the proper dumpstream command line in Windows?
>
> Carl Eugen Hoyos (ffmpeg-user) recommends batching VTS_01_1.VOB,
> VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_01_3.VOB, ... via 'mplayer -dumpstream'.
> [...]
> MPlayer -dvd-device H:\VIDEO_TS\ dvd://1 -dumpstream -dumpfile OUT.VOB
>
> But that OUT.VOB has obvious PTS problems: File size way too small, time, total time, audio sync, etc.

This does look OK, but it assumes that the DVD title number 1 is the title
you need.  You might want to dump another DVD title.  This depends on your
DVD.  I have collected some information on how to find out which title
to play on the web page https://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~auerswal/dvdmovie/
(but this is for GNU/Linux).

> 2 - How can I get a log file?

Well, with Windows, I do not know.  With GNU/Linux, you would be able
to pipe all MPlayer output through the 'tee' program.

Sorry.

Thanks,
Erik
--
A distributed system is one in which the failure of a computer you didn't
even know existed can render your own computer unusable.