[MPlayer-users] MPlayer Required GCC Version

Kevan Hashemi hashemi at opensourceinstruments.com
Mon May 20 16:34:18 EEST 2019

Dear Reimar,

> It seems to correctly add -Icompat/atomics/gcc, but to CFLAGS and
> CXXFLAGS.

You are correct. I failed to follow your procedure correctly.

I repeated your patch procedure, did not get the same result as you, and eventually realised that I had left a copy of stdatomics.h in the main build directory, one I had added while trying to fix this problem earlier, and should have removed. This file messed up your configure script's conditional statement. After removing the file, I get the atmomics addition to the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS, and after that, the compile proceeds without interruption to the end.

> Not sure if it's a problem that it doesn't add a CPPFLAGS...

It turns out that there is no problem.

I apologise for my error, and thank you again for your attention. I now have MPlayer static executables for 32-bit and 64-bit Linux, bundled with my application. Not only that, these static versions have no trouble playing my incoming MPEG video stream, while the yum-installed MPlayer can't seem to figure it out. So this was well worth the effort for me.

Best, Kevan

--
Kevan Hashemi, President
Open Source Instruments Inc.