[MPlayer-users] MPlayer Required GCC Version

Kevan Hashemi hashemi at opensourceinstruments.com
Fri May 17 04:02:18 EEST 2019

Dear Reimar,

> We don't test that much. It's better to have it anyway, but otherwise
> the list of what needs to be disabled with zlib needs updating.

I do have zlib installed.

> For the stdatomic, does the below patch work?

Ooh, I love patches. I undid the modification to common.mak in ffmpeg/ffbuild that fixed the stdatomic.h error. I applied your patch to configure, and checked that the patch I got with diff did match your patch afterwards. Then tried compiling again, but run into the original error:

CC	libavcodec/diracdec.o
In file included from ./libavcodec/mpegvideo.h:35,
                  from libavcodec/diracdec.c:39:
./libavcodec/error_resilience.h:23:23: warning: stdatomic.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ./libavcodec/mpegvideo.h:35,
                  from libavcodec/diracdec.c:39:
./libavcodec/error_resilience.h:64: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'atomic_int'
make[1]: *** [libavcodec/diracdec.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/media/sf_Scratch/mplayer/mplayer/ffmpeg'
make: *** [ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a] Error 2

Should I have left the common.mak edit in place? Thanks for your help. I want to compile mplayer so I can install it in my own directory then bundle it with my software. But I could just insist that my users install mplayer on their Linux machines.

Best, Kevan

--
Kevan Hashemi, President
Open Source Instruments Inc.