[MPlayer-users] MPlayer Required GCC Version

Kevan Hashemi hashemi at opensourceinstruments.com
Thu May 16 01:58:48 EEST 2019

Dear Alexander,

Thank you sir.

> Are you running into
>
>    https://trac.mplayerhq.hu/ticket/2312

Yes, that's it. I applied the work-around, and now GCC finds stdatomic.h. The build proceeds until I get another error, missing "zlib.h". I'll look into that.

What version of GCC do you recommend I use to compile MPlayer? I'm happy to install any version I can. I don't want to waste your time figuring out why MPlayer won't compile on the wrong compiler. I don't see any advice in the README about compiler versions.

Best, Kevan

--
Kevan Hashemi, President
Open Source Instruments Inc.