[MPlayer-users] Undecipherable Codecs

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Tue May 14 03:01:33 EEST 2019

Hi!

    Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Undecipherable Codecs

Not sure I understand why you chose this subject.

On 2019-05-13 10:32 -0600, JD wrote:
> Downloaded mplayer-1.4 from your website
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/
> but am having problems building it, using the spec file inside the tarball.
> To wit:
>
> Unknown parameter: --disable-dvdread-internal
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.KSbCzj (%build)

Internal dvdread support was removed in 2014. So you could try to
remove that line and the one below (--disable-libdvdcss-internal).

> Of course, rpmbuild exits on the first error.
> Perhaps there are other params that the package's configure script
> will declare as unknown.

I don't plan to build RPMs soon. So I'm afraid you will have to
find out if you want to build packages with that spec file.

> Is there a working spec file which actually works?

The files for building packages rpm, debian, etc don't look
very well maintained. You might be able to find better maintained
packaging files from a distribution you trust.

  Alexander