[MPlayer-users] Possible to get full track path in slave mode?

Alec Bennett wrybread at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 05:26:53 EET 2019

If there was some way to get mplayer to display the text it shows at the
start of playback, I could process that.

As it is, my workaround has been to launch a thread in my script that
constantly monitors stdout from mplayer for the intro message shown at the
start of each track, but that's of course messy.

Here's sample output when it starts playing in -quiet mode, with the text I
need in bold:

*Playing /media/wrybread/test/test.mp3*
Audio only file format detected.
Load subtitles in /media/wrybread/test/
Opening audio decoder: [mpg123] MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 layers I, II, III
AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 192.0 kbit/13.61% (ratio: 24000->176400)
Selected audio codec: [mpg123] afm: mpg123 (MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 layers I, II,
III)
AO: [pulse] 44100Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
Video: no video
Starting playback...