[MPlayer-users] [twitch] ads reset mplayer to initial configuration

sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 02:02:42 EET 2019

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 09:50:40PM +0100, Alexander Strasser wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On 2019-03-26 17:10 +0000, sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 11:01:03PM +0000, sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com wrote:
> > >
> > > I watch twitch streams pipelining the hls concatened mpeg ts segments to mplayer stdin.
> > >
> > > The issue is when a twitch stream switches from ads to live stream or the other
> > > way around, mplayer settings are reset. For instance if I did switch to
> > > fullscreen display and/or muted the stream, the settings are reset going back
> > > to a unmuted stream and/or window display.
> > >
> > > I did try to switch to ffmpeg mpeg ts demuxer without success.
> >
> > It's worse, sometimes the fullscreen mode is kept, but the mute state is
> > ignored then it becomes invalid (I have to mute 2 times in a row).
>

> Does invoking MPlayer with -fixed-vo prevent the video window from
> switching back to windowed mode?

Did not know the existence of this option. That said, it seems that if I feed
already downloaded TS segment to the pipe from which mplayer is playing may fix
the pb. Even though, with mplayer caching, it should not change anything.
I'll test the option if I can reproduce: it's kind of hard, twitch does not
play in-stream ads in a 100% reproductible easy way.

--
Sylvain